Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Nails

Another blog post this week! What!? This is crazy. Ok so I'm really enjoying finding time to blog and I might be getting the bug again. We'll see how long this lasts, and I'm a little out of practice, but this is pretty exciting.

Anyways, my post today is sort of silly, but I'm experimenting with the idea of nail polish. I've always been a big fan of keeping my toes pretty. This is probably because I think feet are gross, but I also love being barefoot so dolling them up makes them seem fancy instead of yucky. I also like the weekly (ok since baby it's really more bi-weekly) ritual of changing my polish while I sip some wine and take a little time for me. I've never really jumped on the finger nail polish band wagon though. I think my hands look quite nice as is and I'm kind of rough on them so they chip quick. The amount of time it takes to keep the polish looking good was just too big of a time commitment for me.

We'll after getting a gel manicure for my birthday I've decided to give finger nail polish another try. I'm not sticking with gel because one it's too expensive and two it still only lasted a little over a week before chipping. Instead I'm trying out Covergirl Outlast Stay Brilliant. It has a built in base and top coat so it went on quick and easy and Consumer Reports ranked it #1 in the no chipping category  It claims to last a week which is similar enough to the gel option that I've decided to give it a go.

I'm still not 100% sure I like the way nail polish looks on me, but I'm looking for ways to make myself look more put together without actually being more put together. Honestly if I run out the door and my hair is brushed and my face is clean I'm doing pretty good. I'm hoping adding some polish to my routine might help me fool people. I'll check back in a week and let you know how it went.

No comments: