Saturday, July 21, 2012

Baby's First Swim

A few weeks ago we bought Claire a little pool off of Amazon. We couldn't help ourselves. I stumbled upon it when I was looking for a sun tent for our beach trip and it was so adorable we decided we had to have it. Bonus, it was only twelve dollars for a super cute mushroom shaped inflatable baby pool. I didn't get a picture of the whole pool, but you can see the listing here.
Now that Claire can sit up on her own, and we are experiencing a particularly warm streak of weather, we decided it was time to give the pool a try. Claire has had warm baths, but this was going to be her first encounter with cool water. So while the Giants game was wrapping up today I blew up the pool and Jeffry wiggled Baby into her swim diaper. She was stylin' and ready for her first swim.

The pool also came with about six different inflatable mushrooms and butterflies. For much of her pool time those were far more interesting to her than the water.



I really should have given these a good wash before she went in the pool. Whoops.

The added challenge of pool time, is that toys can get away from you. Luckily, Momma was there to give her a hand.



Look at her little legs go!



Claire was in the water for quite a while before she realized that splashing was also a fun option, but when that cuteness happened it suddenly got a bit too wet to be taking pictures so I just enjoyed the moment!

 All in all I'd say it was a successful first pool experience that Claire really enjoyed. I was also really excited to see that the swim diaper kept the pee pee in and the water out. I think my $1 investment from the JBF sale paid off!  I have always been a little skeptical of both disposable and reusable swim diapers. I'd like to get her one of those sun blocking shirts to go along with it for when we go to grown up pools that don't have mushroom cap shades.





2 comments:

Jennifer said...

She's going to be a swimmer!

Jennifer

Anonymous said...

She looks so cute sitting up all by herself now, playing with toys, and kicking and splashing in her pool. Thanks for posting.
Gramma Sherri