I've had a request for the recipe for some preserves I made as christmas presents a few years back. This one definitly seemed like the one that got the best reviews of all the contents in my Christmas Baskets.
The recipe is super simple and goes great over ice cream, waffles and sheet cake. If you've used it for anything else that was super tasty, leave a comment about it so the rest of us can try it too! Oh and I should admit I did not come up with this recipe myself. I found it here.
2 lbs peaches, peeled
1 cup golden raisin
3/4 cup water, more if needed
1 1/2 tablespoons finely grated orange zest
2 tablespoons strained fresh lemon juice
3 cups sugar
1/2 cup pecan halves or pecan pieces
3 tablespoons amaretto liqueur
1) In a heavy, non-reactive saucepot combine raisins and water and let raisins soak until they plump.
2) Cut peaches into halves or quarters and combine them with the plumped raisins and water.
3) Add zest and heat mixture to simmering until very tender, about 15 minutes.
4) Stir in orange and lemon juices and return to a boil.
5) Add sugar and cook over medium heat, stirring very frequently with a flat bottom wooden spoon, until thick, about 30 minutes.
6) Test Mixture: Put a spoonful on a chilled saucer and let it cool; when saucer is held on edge, the surface of the jam should wrinkle.
7) Add the pecans and cook, stirring, about 5 minutes longer.
8) Remove from heat and stir in the Amaretto.
9) Ladle into hot, clean canning jars, leaving 1/4 inch head space.
10) Seal with new two-piece lids according to manufacturer's directions and process for 10 minutes in a boiling water bath.
11) Cool, label, and store.
12) Best if allowed to mellow in the jars for two weeks before serving.
Homemade Bag Ice Cream for Kids
1 day ago