Friday, June 22, 2012

Doggie Kisses


I know people have really mixed feelings about babies and dogs. I am of the school of thought that as long as the play is supervised then they can be buddies. Both Jeff and I always had animals running around when we were little, and we wanted Claire to have that growing up too. I firmly believe that peaceful cohabitation between kids and animals is 50% training the animal and 50% training the kid. This is why we got Prince when I was seven months pregnant. I think most people thought we were crazy, and we probably were, but we wanted her to grow up with her pup. Granted, I didn't imagine we'd be getting her a seventy pound pup with an eye for chewing up irrigation lines, but things often don't go 100% according to plan.

While Claire has never been afraid of Prince, she didn't really start to acknowledge him until earlier this month. Now she smiles when he interacts with her and reaches out to touch him when he's close enough for her little arms to reach. Last night when we went to the dog park she seemed fascinated for the first time by all the other pups running around, and refused to nap as she normally does in her Ergo. She was way to busy watching all of Prince's friends run and jump and play.

I look forward to the many adventures I'm sure these two will have together as Claire grows up.

1 comment:

Maria said...

Oh my gosh that is so cute! They're going to be such good pals.